10 Easy Snoring Remedies:
Snoring doesn’t only cause sleeping problems but it also affects relationships, are you a victim of snoring? Don’t worry, you are not the only one to suffer from this problem, there are thousands of people dealing with snoring. Snoring is caused when you breathe in your sleep, the air flows through your throat which causes the relaxed tissues in your throat to vibrate and cause harsh and irritating snoring sounds. We have gathered 10 easy snoring remedies to help you. They are:
- Sleep on your side: Sleeping on your side is most important for those who snore because may be all you need to do is to allow the air to flow easily and reduce or stop your snoring. sleeping on your back causes the tongue to move to the back of the throat, which sometimes blocks the airflow through your throat.
- Change Lifestyle: Lifestyle changes can sometimes stop snoring, you need to lose some weight, losing weight can lower fatty tissues towards the throat back and decrease snoring. Also quitting smoking can help because smoking irritates the membrane in the nose and the throat and causes snoring and blocks the airways.
- Position your head: You need to elevate the head of your bed by four inches because it will help you reduce your snoring by keeping your airways open.
- Use Anti-Snoring Device: There is an anti snoring mouth appliance available on the market, the device helps the airways to remain open by bringing together the tongue and the lower jaw forward during sleep. The Dentist created appliances can be very costly but there are cheaper options also available.
- Treat chronic allergies: if you have chronic allergies then you need to treat the allergies because allergies can reduce the airflow through your nose, which forces you to breathe through your mouth. This increases the likelihood that you will snore more. When you have allergies, also watch out for dust mites and pet dander.Consult a doctor and have prescribed allergy medications, it will surely improve your condition.
- Clean nasal passage: Rinse sinuses with saline before going to bed if you have a stuffy nose. You can also use a net pot, nasal strips or nasal decongestant to help in breathing easily while sleeping.
- Make sure the Bedroom Air is Moist: Ensure the air in the bedroom remains moist. Because dry air can lead to nose and throat membrane irritation and swollen nasal tissues which in result can cause snore. It can be dealt with the help of a humidifier.
- Wear palatal implants: There is treatment called the “pillar procedure,” it involves injecting of braided strands of the polyester filament into your mouth soft palate. This stiffens and numbs it to reduce snoring.
- Take Care of your diet: It is very important to eat right food before going to bed. Because research shows that eating large meals or consuming foods like soy milk or dairy can exacerbate snoring. So you need to eat foods that can make you sleep peacefully.
- Change your sleeping position: The best remedy for snoring is the change of the sleeping position. You need to try different sleeping positions and surely one or two positions will help you in sleeping peacefully.